[CC-czech] CC in Czech - progress report and updated MoU

Marek Tichy tichy at iure.org
Thu May 22 13:55:11 BST 2008

Dear Michelle,
I hope you are well. I'd like to inform you about the key results of
the meeting of all relevant parties on the 6th May 2008. Here is a brief
summary of key points:

- Representatives from the Ministry of Culture and Faculty of Philosophy
and Arts have joined the Team
- Faculty of Philosophy and Arts has agreed to become an Affiliate
institution
- All parties are ready to sign the updated MoU (attached), please
indicate  it's OK with you and I'll make sure to send you 5 signed
copies by post asap
- Petr Jansa together with IuRe will produce the first draft  (based on
german or austrian version) within approx 6 weeks
- The draft will be made available to the rest of the Team for 2 weeks
period
- Then IuRe translates the texts and sends it to CCi, and the period for
public comments will be announced (press conference, press release)
- after that, the second draft will be produced and  send to you for
final acceptance

Other:
- We have secured the creativecommons.cz domain name for the purpose of
promoting CC related news and events
- We have planned several public events, press releases and press
conferences along the process
- There will be a book with CD published under CC
- CC will be presented at the Inforum 2008 conference by the Ministry of
Culture

Best
 Marek

PS: Apparently, there is a small mistake in the MoU text, para (4) and
(5) should refer to para (2), not (3). It's fixed in the version
attached, but you may wish to fix it in your generic document.