[CC-czech] CC in Czech - progress report and updated MoU

Marek Tichy tichy at iure.org
Tue May 27 16:24:47 BST 2008

Dear Marek,

I thank you very much for your message and the wonderful news.

We are very excited to hear of all your developments, especially that
the Ministry of Culture and the Faculty of Philosophy and Arts now have
official representation on the team and that you are all in agreement
with moving forward with CC Czech.

Catharina and I have reviewed the MOU, and we agree that it is
acceptable and appropriate. We also appreciate your note regarding the
misplaced reference.

So, since we are in agreement about the MOU, I would like to ask all
parties to sign and send us the number of originals you require, plus an
additional original for our files. We will then sign and return the
documents to you. Please find our mailing address in the signature below.

In regards to your proposed time line for the license drafts, it seems
very reasonable to me. The Austrian and German CC lawyers are still
finalizing the license code for Version 3.0, and so if it would be of
use to Petr and luRe, I would happily connect you to CC Germany and CC
Austria so that they can exchange their thoughts and comments on the
most current drafts.

It is also fantastic to hear that the team has secured the
creativecommons.cz <http://creativecommons.cz> domain name and that you
plan for several impressive events and projects down the road. We very
much look forward to CC Czech's growth and development! Please always
feel free to send us information about any initiatives you are involved in.

Finally, to conclude, I would just like to share with you some
information regarding the first international Communia conference, a
thematic network of copyright & public domain experts supported by the
EU. They will be meeting in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, on Monday 30 June
and Tuesday 1 July 2008, and some of the topics may be of professional
interest to you as well:

http://www.communia-project.eu/conf2008

Thanks again for your patience and enthusiasm. I look forward to hearing
from you and officially begin our collaboration with CC Czech. :-)

Best wishes,

Michelle