[CC-czech] Czech License Draft in Public Discussion - next steps ?

Marek Tichy tichy at iure.org
Fri Feb 20 10:59:01 GMT 2009

Dear Michelle and Catharina,

> I hope this message finds you well!
Thank you, things are fine, I hope it's the same for you.

> It has been a few weeks since we last spoke, so I just wanted to touch
> base and make sure we're on the same page regarding the Czech draft
> and its status.
Yes, I think in my last message I have indicated that we are approaching
some internal deadlines here. We have already started preparing a public
announcement and some related event for the end of March - 27th and 28.
That's our absolute deadline we must be working towards. We just did a
last round of comments on the final czech wording, received several
comments and suggestions which we will incorporate promptly.

> As I understand it from a discussion with Catharina, we are awaiting
> an official position paper about database rights, to be coordinated
> and delivered by our Science Commons Counsel. I know that Catharina
> had the opportunity to meet with the other CC staff lawyers recently
> and discuss the database policy, so I hope we will hear from the SC
> counsel relatively soon.
Although I know that there is a discussion going on about this, It was
not my understanding that this is holding us back completely. If that's
the case, can you please use your powers you to speed this up? Maybe
Catharina would like to comment here.

> For the meantime, I was going to make a suggestion for some possible
> project activity, but it looks like the Czech translation of CC
> material is already very complete!
> http://translate.creativecommons.org/cs/
Yes, it is rather complete (to be honest I'm not quite sure who did it),
but needs complete revision and changes so that it reflects the latest
versions.

> Thank you very much for being so thorough; these are excellent
> statistics!
>
> Regarding the database discussion, we really do appreciate your
> patience as the position paper is being finalized. Hopefully we will
> receive the results soon, so that we can move forward with the
> remaining steps in the porting process.

Yes, please let's move on.
> Best wishes,
>
> Michelle