[CC-czech] [Czech licence - legal code in xhtml and the latest english retranslation

Michelle Thorne michelle at creativecommons.org
Thu Mar 19 17:08:34 GMT 2009

Dear Marek, Petr, and Lukas,

Catharina and I have completed our proofreading, and we have put together a
few thoughts. When you have a moment, we'd be happy to hear your input!

*
**All licenses:*
* 4(a): extra line break? We've noticed that the paragraph appears to be
disrupted, possibly by an extra line break. Perhaps the whole clause should
just be one paragraph?
* all licenses without NC element: We noticed that in the NC licenses (BY
NC, BY NC SA, and BY NC ND), there are three subsections for the collecting
society language in Section 4 (identified by i., ii., iii.). However, in the
non-NC licenses, the collecting society language in Section 3 only includes
two subsections (i. and ii.). Usually these items have the same number of
subsections, so we'd just like to confirm if the current version is correct.

*BY-NC:*
* 4(c): Ordinarily, Section 4(c) includes a reference to to Section 3(a).
However, now there is the following "... v souladu s ustanovením čl. 3 písm.
b)." Is this also okay following your current structure?

*BY-NC-ND:*

* 3 (end of paragraph): As a small suggestion, we often include the phrase
"... but otherwise you have no such rights to make Derivative Works." at the
end of the section, after all the permissions are listed. It is of course
not incorrect to leave it out, but perhaps it would be a helpful
clarification for the users.

*BY-ND:*

* 3 (end of paragraph):  Same as the above.

*BY-NC-SA:*
* 4(d): Smae as comment for BY NC. Should this clause be the equivalednt of
"...consistent with Section 3(a)..." instead of "...v souladu s ustanovením
čl. 3 písm. b).?
* 6: I believe there is a missing period after: POSKYTOVATEL NEODPOVÍDÁ ZA
ŽÁDNOU ŠKODU NAD MINIMÁLNÍ ROZSAH STANOVENÝ PLATNOU PRÁVNÍ ÚPRAVOU, COŽ
NABYVATEL BERE NA VĚDOMÍ

*BY-SA:*
* 1(k) Is there perhaps a missing reference to the Unported in the
definition of Creative Commons compatible license? See the text from the US
license, for example:
*"Creative Commons Compatible License"* means a license that is listed at
http://creativecommons.org/compatiblelicenses that has been approved by
Creative Commons as being essentially equivalent to this License, including,
at a minimum, because that license: (i) contains terms that have the same
purpose, meaning and effect as the License Elements of this License; and,
(ii) explicitly permits the relicensing of derivatives of works made
available under that license under this License or either a Creative Commons
unported license or a Creative Commons jurisdiction license with the same
License Elements as this License.

Thanks a lot for your patience during the review process! We look forward to
your comments on the above items. If there are any changes to be made,
perhaps we should first have CC Czech go ahead with proofreading and add any
changes you've spotted. Then, we'll ask if you could implemented all changes
and re-send the XHTML for a final time. Does that sounds like a good
approach?

We really appreciate your help here. Thanks again, and take care!

-- Michelle and Catharina