[diggers350] Re: diggers' song

Plattsteve at aol.com Plattsteve at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 11:16:35 BST 1999

Not sure if you mean Gerrard Winstanley's Diggers' Song or Leon Rosselson's
The World Turned Upside Down. Anyway, you can find a recording of the first
and the words to both at
http://www.diggers.org/diggers/digg_eb.html#Levellers and Diggers song

The World Turned Upside Down was written by Leon Rosselson (1981, sorry can't
remember which album it's on). You can the words and guitar chords at
http://es-parto.lancs.ac.uk/~esarie/kate/wturned.htm

Good versions are also to be found by Roy Bailey and Billy Bragg (on Back to
Basics, Life's a Riot and others too I think). I don't know of any online
recordings but then I haven't looked.

Steve Platt