[diggers350] Deep Green Magic - A Council for All Beings

Ed Iglehart tipiglen at dircon.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 19:24:51 GMT 2000

A Week with Joanna Macy
at the Findhorn Foundation, Scotland

"Deep Time and The Ecological Self - Awakening in The New Millennium "

10 - 17th June 2000

Joanna Macy, the well-known Buddhist, Deep-Ecologist and social activist will be at the Findhorn community for a week-long event! This workshop takes the concept of our planet as a living system to an experiential level that is intimate and empowering. Process-oriented despair and empowerment work, coupled with deep ecology work developed by Joanna, John Seed and others, will help individuals shift their sense of identity from a small, separate
selfhood to one of inter-existence with all beings. The week will also incorporate Joanna's innovative work on re-inhabiting time, inspired by her long-term commitment to the responsible care of radioactive wastes.
Released from the tiny concept of time in which our culture imprisons us, where decisions are made and habits sustained without regard for those who come after us, we can respond more effectively to the ecological crisis. We can then enter into collaboration with future generations and let them speak through us. The week will include lectures, experiential exercises and
meditation practice. Our aim is to become more effective, more joyous and imaginative agents of social change.

Dr. Joanna Macy is a scholar of Buddhism & Systems Theory. She is the author of many books including: Dharma and Development; World As Lover, World As Self; Coming Back to Life; and Rilke's Book of Hours. She is known around the world for her engaging work at the interface between spiritual breakthrough & social action, however this may be one of her last trips to Findhorn as she is choosing to work more locally in the San Francisco Bay area.

The cost for the week, which includes the programme, accommodation and food,
is 430 Pounds Sterling. The Findhorn Foundation Experience Week is not required for this special event. Bursaries are available.  Please inquire through the Accommodations Secretary at the Findhorn Foundation.

For information on booking & logistics please contact The Accommodations Secretary
Findhorn Foundation, Cluny Hill College, FORRES, IV36 2RD, Scotland, UK
email: accomms at findhorn.org
fax number: (011) 44 1309 673113

For general information about the workshop email:
Gill Emslie:   Gill_Emslie at findhorn.org or Kathleen Sullivan:
edna at bestweb.net

Website for the workshop: www.findhorn.org/edu/workshops (see Special Events)
Links: www.deep-ecology.org
--
You can make a difference!
Race for the Rain Forest: http://rainforest.care2.com

Hypothetical questions get hypothetical answers.

                          -Joan Baez

"We are often cautioned that we must live in the 'real world' by folk
who mean 'money', a concept more abstract than theoretical physics."
  -- Ed Iglehart