Bear Bile Farms

Lilia Patterson lilia at tlio.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 3 18:37:28 BST 2000

 See this website for further information:
<http://www.geocities.com/Baja/2324/english.htm>
 To add your name to the cyber-petition, type your name down the bottom, as
per the
others, and then forward it onto whomever you elect.
> Subject: mistreatment of bears
>
>> This is unimaginably cruel. Please sign.
>
>  We ask the Chinese government for compassion.
>
>  Today in China 10,000 (ten thousand) bears are kept
>  prisoner for extracting bile form their gall bladders.
>  The bears are kept in a horizontal  position, in cages
>  that look rather like coffins .  They wear a metal
>  collar and are held down by  pressure bars. A catheter
>  is introduced into their  body that continuously
>  absorbs the liquid from  their gall bladders.. The
>  bears cannot change  their position and remain in this
>  condition of  permanent pain between 15 and 20 years!
>  We cannot accept this cruelty, torture and  barbarism
>  to continue and be part of the life of  these poor
>  bears for another minute.
>  With their paw they take some food through a little
>  opening in the cage. To quench their thirst they  have
>  to stretch their tongue to lick the bars of  their
>  prison. They suffer excruciating pain as  they have to
>  stay for an average of 15 years in  the same position
>  that deforms their bones.
>  We are talking about 15 years or 180 months, or  5,475
>  days, or 131,400 hours or 78,844,000 minutes  of
>  continuous pain. The bile serves a disgusting  market:
>  it is used to produce shampoos,  aphrodisiacs and
>  'miraculous' remedies. During the  extraction of the
>  liquid, a tube is inserted in  the gall bladder; one
>  end of the tube stays  outside the belly of the bear,
>  linked to a machine  that extracts the bile.
>  The suffering of the animal exceeds the imagination
>  the bear wishes death, mutilates himself and  tries to
>  commit suicide.
>
>  For further information visit:
>  <http://www.geocities.com/Baja/2324/index.html>
>  < <http://www.geocities.com/Baja/2324/index.html>
>  <http://www.geocities.com/Baja/2324/index.html>
>  < <http://www.geocities.com/Baja/2324/index.html>   (Click
>  the English version)
>
>  To help, you just need to copy this email and sign  the
>  list below, which calls for the immediate end  of the
>  horrific "Bile Farms" - then send this  message to as
>  many people as possible. Thanks  again.
>
>  Once this list reaches 100, please send to
>  ramona at unikey.com.br <mailto:ramona at unikey.com.br> <
<mailto:ramona at unikey.com.br>

>  NUMBER - NAME - CITY - COUNTRY
>  1. Anna Rigano - London - UK
>  2. Neil  del Strother - London - UK
>  3. Steve Nobel - London  - UK
>  4. Rose Buxton - London - UK
>  5. Nick Wood - Pembrokeshire West Wales.
>  6. Ross Heaven - Northampton - UK
>  7.  Cheyenne Maloney - Bailey, CO - USA
>  8. Miguel  Matos - Coimbra - Portugal
>  9. Ailie Freeland -  Sydney - Australia
>  10. Marina Potvin- Qu
>  11. Iain Martin - Sydney - Australia
>  12  Sandra Kemp - Sydney - Australia
>  13 Marlene Jackson - Brisbane - Australia
>  14 Penny Ronald - Sydney -  Australia
>  15 Andree Seymour - Sydney - Australia
>  16 Kirsty Vickery - Sydney - Australia
>  17 Mark Ho - Sydney - Australia
> [...]
   47. Debbie Wiener, Melbourne, Australia
48. Glenn Hanafin - Melbourne, Australia
49. Diane Jose - Melbourne, Australia
50. Sandra Jose - Melbourne, Austraia.
Sandy 51. Andrea Excell and Glenn Excell Melbourne, Australia.
52. Karlene Gumbs, London - UK
53. Annette Metcalfe, Farnborough - UK
54. A.Corrall, F'boro - UK
55. Lilia Patterson - oxford, UK