Wildlife threat from Barrett Homes

The Land Is Ours office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 18:18:49 BST 2001

>Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 11:10:34 +0100 (BST)
>From: everall at zoom.co.uk
>

>  Tree in Oswestry under threat from Barrat Homes
>Hi I am an environmental Scientist working in the planning
>department of oswestry borough council in North Shropshire.
>Part of a site designated for development  to build
>executive housing contains an old oak tree which is
>home to colony of wild bees .Because this tree has a lot of
>dead wood Barrats want to destroy it because of health and
>safety wheras it is the most biodiverse organism on the
>whole site.Most other trees on this site have been
>protected by tree presevation orders .Wild bees have no
>legal protection under planning law or wildlife law
>.English Nature seem powerless
>to protect this tree .Shropshire County Council's tree
>Officer suggested in jest that the only way to protect this
>tree would be by direct action.If any body out there is
>interested contact me Clive Everall at 01691677276 or
>07866054495or email everall at zoom.co.uk and I can supply
>location maps of the site and photos of the tree in
>question
>cheers Clive a lover of trees
>
>Get your own zoom email - click here - http://www.zoom.co.uk/
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

The Land Is Ours
... A Landrights Movement for All

The Land Is Ours campaigns peacefully for access to the land, its resources
and the decision making processes affecting them, for everyone -
irrespecitive of race, age, or gender.

Postal address :
16B Cherwell St, OXFORD, OX4 1BG, England.
or contact us at:  office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Press enquiries :  07961 460171
website :  http://www.oneworld.org/tlio/

For a year's subscription for the TLIO  newsletter (3 times a year), we are
asking for £3 per annum.  Please make cheques payable to "The Land Is Ours".