Activist Margaret Jones imprisoned

george dicegeorge.com george at dicenews.com
Fri Mar 8 03:31:41 GMT 2002

looking at
http://marsbard.com/kebele/
i saw that Activist Margaret Jones imprisoned

she took stonehenge to court over
our rights to walk along a road, didnt she?

===========

Dr Margaret Jones was imprisoned by the Bristol Magistrates Court on Tuesday
19th February for her beliefs in peace.
Dr Margaret Jones was imprisoned by the Bristol Magistrates Court on Tuesday
19th February for her beliefs in peace. Her crimes were painting the
following slogans on the foreign office building: What have Iraqi\'s ever
done to deserve this?: Brit bombs on Iraq, shame: UK Iraq policy equals
atrocities and failure. Other so said crimes included, cutting a hole in the
fence at Alermarston where nuclear weapons are kept and breaching the peace
by sitting in a puddle at Fas Lane.
Her statement at the magistrates Office was: Trident is a war crime. Bombing
and sanctions on Iraq are war crimes. The question of my income is
irrelevant. I have taken direct action against these things to protest our
involvement in crime. Our present Governments slavishness to the United
States is leading us deeper and deeper into complicity with Us acts of
genocide. We should be speaking out against American sponsored massacres -
taking a stand. Instead we are squandering the funds that could be used for
schools and hospitals on carrying out killings and preparing for further
killings. over the past 10 years we have helped to kill half a million
children in Iraq. We have bombed Afganistan to help the US build an oil pipe
line there. We use tax payers money to maintain a weapon that wipe out one
third of the planet - that endangers us more then it threatens anyone elas.
In a few weeks or months the United States will again launch all out war
against Iraq - against a society that has been knocked to its knees and
whose people are only slowly re-building normal lives in spite of us and the
United States. No doubt the British Government will be dragged along to play
its part in justifying the slaughter. The puppet Governments set up in
Europe after Nazi occupation had more honour than this. When will we all
stand up and say, enough Not In Our Name, This Terrorism Has Got To Stop.\'
Margarets last words before being taken away by three large security guards
were, \' the government are criminals and not myself.\' She was supported
throughout the trial by other members of the Bristol Peace Vigil and we ask
that you write to Margaret and lend her your support. Her new address is:
Eastwood park prison, Eastwood Park, Falfield, Wotton Under Edge,
Gloucestershire.