Reclaim the Future - 20th-22nd September

msbrown at boltblue.net msbrown at boltblue.net
Sat Sep 7 09:50:58 BST 2002

Appeal for volunteers for 21 Sept Reclaim the Future event: The Reclaim
the Streets Room meeting on 9 Sept 2002, 7.30pm at LARC, Fieldgate St,
E1 is the public access point for people who want to get involved in the
running of the 21 Sept all-day event (see description below). The RTS
room is the largest space and accommodates the live stage etc. We
require about two dozen people to help organise it. We also need 20-30
people to help with general tasks around the building.

Appeal for RTS/direct action exhibition materials and/or help: We need
to collect photographs, banners, slides, spoof papers, newspaper
cuttings, leaflets, carnival masks, flags etc. There must be
loads of memorabilia floating around. The theme of the exhibition is
"RTS before, during and after" starting from around Claremont Road.
Please e-mail maxsvoboda at hotmail.com (mark it exhibition) if you can
help.

Appeal for lights: We need stage, disco, Christmas and other lights.
Please contact publica at tarakan.demon.co.uk if you can help or phone
07931 560 569.

Appeal for cooks/caterers: If your group would like to help on Sat, 21
Sept. Please contact rtsparty2002 at yahoo.co.uk or phone 07931 560 569.

Appeal for funds: We have certain fixed upfront expenses and would be
grateful for a loan/donation. Please contact rtsparty2002 at yahoo.co.uk if
you can help or phone 07931 560 569.

Appeal for publicity: We have to increase our flyering efforts. There
are copies of the flyer at the Radical Dairy, Kynaston Rd, N16 and some
at LARC. Please take them to festival, parties, meetings etc. Please
also distribute Reclaim the Future text below around lists and websites.

Reclaim the Streets invites you to
RECLAIM THE FUTURE
An action-packed social event on 20-22 September 2002. For venue
details, please ring 07931 560 569.

Friday, 20 September: Low-key opening night, viewing of the
RTS/direct action exhibition, caf by Carnivalistas

Saturday, 21 September: All-day event, starting at 2pm with
workshops, kids area, stalls, spoken word, cabaret & exhibition.
BIG FESTIE PARTY in the evening with Chu Nah Mi, LESS, One Style, Empty
Hat Orchestra and many other live bands, as well Megabitch and other
soundsystem(s). 2 quid before 8pm, 3/4 quid after.

Sunday, 22 September: Hangover cure day, your ideas welcome; also
Anti-Car Day and anti-country alliance demo

Money raised will go to a future street party or comparable action.
Get involved: We still need volunteers, artists, prop makers, musicians,
comedians, performers etc. E-mail: rtsparty2002 at yahoo.co.uk

Featuring contributions by Reclaim the Streets London, Indymedia, The
Wombles, Social Centres Network, The Anarchist Youth Network and many
others.