"Planning for a Small Island" - forthcoming lecture

msbrown at boltblue.net msbrown at boltblue.net
Sat Sep 21 11:52:02 BST 2002

FROM DIANA SCHUMACHER

Personal INVITATION to

Environmental Law Foundation

The Second Professor David Hall Lecture

"Planning for a Small Island"
by
FIONA REYNOLDS CBE
Director-General of the National Trust

6.30pm on Wednesday 16th October 2002

King's College, Waterloo Campus, London

Tickets: £20, ELF members £15, Students £8, (including light refreshments).

Please call ELF on 020 7404 1030 or email info at elflaw.org

Land is a prime resource and increasingly scarce. It provides citizens and
society with a source of food and landscape; a place to live and work, and
habitats for wildlife. The land use planning system is therefore critical in
deciding how we use, and sometimes abuse, its intrinsic value.

This year's annual lecture, as ELF's tribute to Professor David Hall, the
distinguished biologist and one of the co-founders of ELF, will consider many
of the pressing planning and environmental concerns of today while putting
government policy into context. There will be opportunity for question and open
debate.

Please do come along to what promises to be a stimulating and thought-provoking
evening. I would personally be delighted to see you there and ELF will
certainly value your support.

Very much hoping you can come,

Kindest regards,

Diana.

PS ELF has the hands-on experience of 1600 cases dealt with over the last 10
years apart from hundreds of thousands of enquiries involving land and planning
issues nationwide. This combined with the National Trust perspective will
ensure a thoroughly provocative discussion of the subject.