Local Works Campaign Requires Urgent Support

tliouk office at tlio.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 15:18:20 GMT 2004

Local Works Campaign Requires Urgent Support
Sent out by: Sheffield campaigner, 10.12.2004
Ref: https://publish.indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/12/302590.html

Please join the Local Works Campaign aimed at stopping the current
trend to end the provision of local services and facilities which is
turning Britain into a "ghost Britain".

This is a Bill to require government departments and public bodies
to take certain steps and involve certain persons when they propose
to end the provision of local services and facilities; to require
companies that own public houses to take steps to enable direct
delivery of beers to them; to require local planning authorities to
take into consideration schemes for the retention of services or
facilities before granting change of use applications; and for
connected purposes.

1-page ballot day letter with easy instructions - copied below

The 2- pages Bill which needs further support from MPs, can be found
at: http://www.indymedia.org.uk/media/2004/12/302592.pdf