Stop this quarry today! - petition drive

George george at chaplin.org.uk
Fri Dec 31 10:37:26 GMT 2004

Hi all,

As many of you are aware (I hope), I'm running a campaign against the
expansion of quarrying close to Britain's largest ancient ritual
monument - the Thornborough Henges in North Yorkshire.

The Thornborough Henges are a collection of monuments known as a
complex, dating back to 3,500 BC. These include some monuments that
are scheduled and others that are not, together with the land that
these monuments sit in.

Tarmac Northern Ltd, a subsidiary of Anglo American Plc (Britain's
4th largest conglomerate) have decided that they wish to destroy as
much of this complex as possible - they will quarry the entire area,
leaving those few monuments protected by law as islands surrounded by
man-made lakes.

As a result of this development, close on to 250 cows will be
consigned to the fattening sheds, because the quarry will destroy 100
acres of good quality arable land. A great deal of important
archaeology will be lost and an important habitat on the margins of a
nature reserve will be destroyed.

Please sign my petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/Pet10001/petition.html

We can win this - one in the eye for a globalist company that
supported apartheid.

More informatrion can be found here:

www.heritageaction.org/thornborough.html

Thanks