Land tax: the most dreadful scheme since Domesday

TLIO News news at tlio.org.uk
Wed Aug 31 11:35:12 BST 2005

Land Tax is slavery. It welds all landholders, including peasants, to a
financial system which gradually devours their labour. It's like putting
VAT on children's clothes or bread, the meanest act taxing what we all need
to survive.
Its also a method of taking land off individuals and putting it into the
hands of the profit-making industrial agriculture and forestry businesses.
Land Tax will force all landowners to produce the maximum from their land
to pay the tax, turning the earth into nothing more than the factory floor
of global capitalism. It assumes all land to be held from the state not to
us as individuals. And forcing housebuilders to increase building density
even further, just as in Hong Kong where land tax was trialed.
Land tax, just like rent or fuel prices, will be intrioduced to the public
at a low rate, being jacked up to a higher rate as it becomes more accepted.
Make no mistake, this is a major move toward our enslavement by the Money
Masters of the Ruling Class.

As Gerrard Winstanley the Digger said, in 'The Law of Freedom'.
'Money must not any longer be the great god that hedges in some and hedges
out others.'
'You have taken the people's money in taxes and free quarter whereby they
are made worse able to live than before the war.'
'The word of God is love, and when all thy actions are done in love to the
whole creation thou advances freedom, and freedom is Christ in you and
Christ among you.' 'Bondage is Satan in you and Satan among you.'
'Everyone talks of freedom but there are few that act for freedom. The
actors for freedom are oppressed by the talkers and verbal professors of
freedom.'
'The common people who have cast out the oppressor by their representatives
have not authorised any yet to give away their freedom.'
'Therefore England beware, William the Conqueror's army begins to gather
into head again and the old Norman prerogative law is the place of their
meeting, though their chief captain, Charles, be gone, yet his colonels,
lords of manors, his councillors and divines, which are our lawyers and
priests, his inferior officers and soldiers, which are the freeholders and
landlords, all did steal away our land from us when they killed and
murdered our fathers in that Norman conquest.'

Also,
Seems to me to be a convenient way of keeping house prices artificially
high staving off the crash.
I'm not interested in stopping debate about Land Tax but please, don't
believe the hype.

Tony Gosling

--
EcoVillage Network UK PeopleFinder - http://www.peoplefinder.org.uk
A new contact point for getting involved in the UK EcoVillage movement.

CHAPTER 7 - http://www.tlio.org.uk/chapter7/
The UK's Rural Sustainable Settlement Planning Campaign
'Chapter 7 News' - 16-20pp. quarterly - £2.00 ea. £7.00 per annum sub. from
The Potato Store, Flaxdrayton Farm, South Petherton, Somerset, TA13
chapter7 at tlio.demon.co.uk
Tel. 01460 249204

ECOVILLAGE GUIDE BOOKS - available (postage included) from
http://www.eco-logicbooks.com
Mulberry House, 19 Maple Grove, Bath, BA2 3AF - 01225 484472
UK > 'Diggers and Dreamers' - Annual directory of UK Communities - £6.00
EUROPE > 'Eurotopia' - Directory of Intentional Communities and Ecovillages
in Europe - £15.00
COTTARS AND SQUATTERS > Reccommended: UK land rights history - £10.00

PERMACULTURE MAGAZINE - http://www.permaculture.co.uk/
Quarterly colour mag. for enquiring minds and original thinkers everywhere.
Hyden House Ltd, The Sustainability Centre, East Meon, Hampshire GU32 1HR,
England.
info at permaculture.co.uk
Tel. 01730 823311

ECOVILLAGE NETWORK UK (that's us!) - http://www.evnuk.org.uk
Populating the rhetoric of rural sustainability
Volunteers: Russ Curgenven, Nikki Ali, Tony Gosling, Pam Norris, Joyce
Kallevick.
PO Box 1410, Bristol, BS99 3JP
Tel. 0117 373 0346
evnuk at gaia.org, office at evnuk.org.uk

DIGGERS AND DREAMERS - Searchable community database
http://www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk
Diggers & Dreamers, a UK guide to communal living for more than 10 years
c/o Edge of Time Ltd, BCM Edge, London, WC1N 3XX, UK
info at diggersanddreamers.org.uk
Tel. 07000 780536

WWOOF - http://www.wwoof.org/wuk0.html
Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms
Join WWOOF, do some work, stay for free. Membership includes directory
PO Box 2675, Lewes, Sussex, BN7 1RB
fran at wwoof.org

PERMACULTURE ASSOCIATION UK - http://www.permaculture.org.uk
Supports individuals, projects and groups working with permaculture in Britain
Third Floor Studios, 6 Carr Mills, 322 Meanwood Road, Leeds, West
Yorkshire, LS7 2HY
office at permaculture.org.uk
Tel/Fax: 07041 390170 and 0113 262 1718

GROUNDSWELL - http://www.groundswell.org.uk
Promoting and developing self-help initiatives with the homeless

U.K. COHOUSING NETWORK - http://www.cohousing.co.uk/
Sharing expertise and experience amongst the U.K. cohousing groups.

FOREST SCHOOL CAMPS - http://www.fsc.org.uk/about.htm
Camps for kids to get back to nature with the minimum of authority.

EUROPEAN FUNDING - http://europa.eu.int/comm/environment/funding/intro_en.htm

INTL. INTENTIONAL COMMUNITIES DIRECTORY http://directory.ic.org/

GLOBAL ECOVILLAGE NETWORK, EUROPEAN OFFICES - http://www.gen-europe.org/
Rosa-Luxemburgstr. 89, D-14806 Belzig, Germany - info at gen-europe.org - 0049
33841 44766
Ecovillage Office, Findhorn, The Park, Forres, Moray, Scotland IV36 0TZ -
ecovillage at findhorn.org - +44 (0)1309 690154
Minutes of meetings
http://www.gen-europe.org/archives/meetings/council/index.html
European email list - post <euevforum at lists.gen-europe.org> -