Respond to ODPM's proposals for a Code for Sustainable Homes

Mark mark at tlio.org.uk
Wed Feb 8 17:33:38 GMT 2006

Ref: www.odpm.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1162094

You are invited to comment on the Government’s proposals for a Code for
Sustainable Homes.
Your views are particularly sought on the key proposals in Sections 1 and
2 and their potential impacts set out in the partial Regulatory Impact
Assessment (RIA) in Annex E. It should be noted that, although all these
proposals are being consulted on as part of a package of measures, they
are not mutually exclusive, i.e. one or more of them could be disregarded
or amended in the light of the consultation exercise.

How to respond
Comments are invited on any aspect of this consultation document. However,
to assist our analysis of responses we would appreciate it if you could
complete the response form below either electronically or in hard copy.
Please feel free to submit additional comments, evidence and/or supporting
documentation.
before the deadline will be considered.
Additional copies of this consultation document and this response form may
be downloaded from the ODPM website, www.odpm.gov.uk, or obtained as hard
copies from:
The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister
PO Box 236
Wetherby
West Yorkshire
LS23 7NB
Tel: 0870 1226 236
Fax: 0870 1226 237
E-mail: odpm at twoten.press.net

Please return your response to this consultation as soon as possible and
in any event no later than 6 March 2006. Please reply direct to the
contractors engaged in collation and initial analysis at:
By post:	Code Review, CIRIA, 174-180 Old Street, London EC1V 9BP
Or by e-mail: csb at ciria.org

PROPOSALS FOR INTRODUCING A CODE FOR SUSTAINABLE HOMES - A CONSULTATION PAPER
Publication title: Proposals for Introducing a Code for Sustainable Homes
- A Consultation Paper
Audience: Housebuilders, consumers, green groups, house building
professionals.
Consultation period: 5 December 2005 to 6 March 2006
Product code: 05 BD 03535

standards. Wherever practicable we intend to develop and introduce a
system of sustainable building standards based on voluntary compliance.

ORDER:
This publication is available free of charge from ODPM Publications, PO
Box 236, Wetherby LS23 7NB. Tel: 0870 1226 236, Fax: 0870 1226 237,
Textphone: 0870 1207 405, Email: odpm at twoten.press.net. Please quote the
product code when ordering. Delivery will be 5 to 7 days from receipt of
order. A maximum quantity restriction may apply.