Threat to British democracy

Maxey L. l.maxey at swansea.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 12:26:55 GMT 2006

Today I read this:

so I went and read this:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200506/cmbills/111/06111.1-4.html

The Government is trying to pass a Bill that will allow Ministers to alter,
repeal, or create legislation without recourse to Parliament.

If ever our Law protected rights were under threat, it is by this piece of
legislation, indeed, I think this Bill, if passed, is a threat to our very
democracy.

It is extremely important to stop this Bill from getting passed. It would
allow the government to do almost anything it wants to, without needing
consent from Parliament.

I shall be writing to my MP, I urge you all to do the same.

Larch