Thornborough Henges landscape to be quarried

George george at chaplin.org.uk
Tue Jan 9 14:32:07 GMT 2007

I've just had a call from the local press to say that North Yorkshire
Council Officers will be recommending that Tarmac's application to
quarry the ritual landscape of Thornborough Henges - Ladybridge,
should be allowed to proceed.

This means that it is now highly likely that the council planning
committee will grant Tarmac's application to quarry the site. This
will continue the destruction of the landscape surrounding
Thornborough, yet many people believe that it was this landscape
itself that was the reason why Thornborough became so important.

Whilst these days I seem unable to be angry about anything, It does
make me sad. Thornborough is a statement of belief in humanity, god
and our planet and the continued quarrying of the area will serve as
yet another reminder to us that collectively, it is our earnest desire
to destroy our planet and ultimately ourselves.

By wiping away the landscape of Thornborough, we are wiping away the
basis for its existence, the three henges that will remain will
continue to remind us exactly of the priority our elected
representatives place on the future of both our heritage and also our
planet.

In 2005 TimeWatch handed in a 10,000 signature petition to North
Yorkshire County Council, we have asked several times what they
inteneded to do with it, but we have never had a response and the
majority of the council to our knowledge are not even aware of its
existence.

Sadly petitions in North Yorkshire are easily ignored it seems.

If you want to find out more about the Thornborough Henges, please
visit the TimeWatch website - http://www.timewatch.org

If you believe that saving our planet is more important that building
bigger roads so we can have more cars then why not sign the
Thornborough petition?

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/790535280