Campaign in Europe / Right to the City, Housing and Land 07 - 08

Massimo.A. Allamandola suburbanstudio at runbox.com
Thu Jul 19 00:51:10 BST 2007

Dear all ,

at the occasion of the G8 protests and alternative events in Rostock in
June , some No Vox, HIC and activists from affiliated organizations and
movements from Belgium, Brazil, Britain, Iran, Catalonia, France,
Ireland, Germany, India,US, Japan, Portugal and Switzerland met to
discuss European and international housing and land struggles.

In a participatory process participants proposed action for the concrete
realization of the right to housing, cities and land :

- against forced evictions of peoples’ settlements, squats and social
centres,
- against real estate speculation and real estate violence;
- against commodification and privatisation of housing , land and services,

- for the collective recuperation of vacant housing settlements
including land and social centres,
- for the promotion of alternative self controlled solutions for housing
the homeless.

We are in the process of preparing an European & International campaign
between October 2007 (world Habitat Day)
and January 2008 ( World Social Forum’s Global Day of Action January 26,
2008 )

Are you interested in :

- Organize an action, a meeting, a conference in your city, region or
neighborhood according to your local priorities.
- Tell your allies around the world about your plans, your action, it's
reasons, goals and targets.
- Inspire others and let you be inspired by examples and experiences
around the world.
- Discuss international demands, goals, targets and improved methods for
the globalisation of local struggles.
- Help to communicate the forms and contents of decentralized action to
the global levels. Make our parallel action more visible.
- Promote the idea of the campaign.

Additionally in Europe, with International echoes , we propose to extend
the campaign until the world real estate fair MIPIM
http://www.mipim.com in Cannes which will take place March 11-14.
The MIPIM, is know as the world’s premier real estate summit :
http://www.mipim.com
This would allow us to focus the campaign on broad international
mobilization for protests and alternative events at this occasion.

If you are interested to help an support us in the preparation of this
campaign please join our dedicated list server :