Tara - Solstice celebration and call for activists

Tony Gosling tony at tlio.org.uk
Tue Jun 19 15:26:18 BST 2007

Tara - Solstice celebration and call for activists

www.savetara.com
www.tarawatch.org
www.circlecommunity.org

Welcome to www.SaveTara.com
The Official Website for: The Campaign to Save Tara

Tara (Teamhair) in Co. Meath, Ireland, was the ancient inauguration site of
the early Irish Kings. It is connected from earliest times across the
Gabhra valley with its sister, the Hill of Skryne. It is through this same
valley that the Irish Government now plans to build a motorway with a huge
interchange at the foot of the Hill of Tara itself.

This Web Site is a resource for those who wish to find out about the
campaign to re-route the motorway and to learn about the history,
archaeology and literature associated with this area that is "one of the
most important and famous archaeological complexes in the world".

Tara protester held after bid to halt builders' work on prehistoric site
http://www.savetara.com/articles/2007/061607_held.html

By - Paul Melia.

A PROTESTER was arrested near the national monument on the route of the M3
yesterday as a campaign to halt construction of the controversial motorway
stepped up a gear.

A man was arrested at Collierstown but later released after caution after
he and a group of campaigners attempted to stop construction crews from
entering the site.

Eurolink, the company building the M3, asked protesters not to interfere
with building workers or equipment due to health and safety concerns.

"Our contractors are working to a very tight schedule and it is essential
that they be allowed to carry out the work for which we have legal
permission, without interruption from protesters who are not protesting
lawfully". Enda Tyrrell from Eurolink said.

"We are very concerned that protesters are endangering themselves and our
workers by trespassing on our site".

The TaraWatch campaign called on Environment Minister John Gormley to place
a preservation order on the entire Tara/Skryne Valley because the area was
under threat of immediate destruction. Advice

Spokesman Vincent Salafia said legal advice suggested the entire Tara
complex was a national monument and there was "nothing" in the National
Monuments Act which would prevent Mr. Gormley from placing a preservation
order on the valley.

"We are asking Minister Gormley to do the same thing that Minister Roche
did to 16 Moore Street - declare the entire site a national monument".

Mr. Gormley's tenure as minister got off to a shaky start after it emerged
that his predecessor, Dick Roche, had ordered that the M3 be built over the
national monument found last month.

Yesterday, Mr. Gormley said he was powerless to change the order, but the
Labour Party claimed it was within his power to do so under the
Interpretation Act 2005. "The minister has the power to make an order under
the act but he also has the power to revoke it", environment spokesman
Eamon Gilmore said.

"We're asking him to seek legal advice from the attorney general. What
needs to happen is the new minister needs to get on top of this. This is no
ordinary site, it's a huge issue involving the country's heritage".

The Campaign to Save Tara plans to "lock down" the Lismullin site over the
coming weeks, and has vowed not to allow construction workers or
archaeologists near the monument.

The Irish Independent, 16th. June 2007.

--
www.radio4all.net/index.php?op=producer-info&uid=2149
"Capitalism is institutionalised bribery" [ed.]

All emails are 'cleartext' to the NSA.
http://www.nsa.gov

Jesus of Nazareth - our teacher.
http://www.bilderberg.org/trib.htm

All facts, no theory. Proofs of a conspiracy.
http://www.bilderberg.org/lucis.htm

My monthlyish e-bulletin
Check it  http://www.bilderberg.org/pepis06.htm
Join it  blank email to  PEPIS-subscribe at googlegroups.com