Fwd: [International Alliance Inhabitants] EMERGENCY APPEAL to help the

Massimo A. Allamandola suburbanstudio at runbox.com
Fri Nov 23 00:56:30 GMT 2007

----- Start Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:26:03 +0100
From: International Alliance of Inhabitants <info at habitants.org>
To: iai at lists.opencontent.it
Subject: [International Alliance Inhabitants] EMERGENCY APPEAL to help the
 survivors of Cyclone Sidr in Bangladesh

Support of the International Alliance of Inhabitants

***   ***   ***

Hungry Faces Left By Sidr, Photo: Focus Bangla

EMERGENCY APPEAL to help the survivors of Cyclone Sidr in Bangladesh

Dear Friends, allover the world,

The worst cyclone to hit the country in the past decade has left a trail
of devastation in Bangladesh - flattening 500,000 homes. At least 10,000
people are dead, which are adding numbers in every minutes and tens of
thousands of families and children are in urgent need of vital
life-saving emergency relief and rehabilitation support, now! Please see
news clippings as attached herewith on the cyclone.

The immediate need is to ensure that the families who have a roof over
their heads, access to food and clean drinking water, warm clothing and
basic medical attention.

We are in need of huge number of packed & dry food, [which are
ready-to-eat], new or used (old) normal cloths, warm cloths, millions of
blankets, anti-septic soaps, and medicine support i.e. Paracitamal
tablets, Metronidazole tablets, water purifying-kits, water purification
tablets.

The people, who survived this cyclone, have been left with nothing. We
urgently need help to be able to reach them and begin to rebuild their
lives.

We are on the ground now but we need more support to respond to this
emergency.
$ 70 could help 05 families to have emergency food for a week.
50 could help 02 families to have emergency clothing's.
$ 500 could help to build house for one families, including latrine and
cooking / utensil support.

Please send your donations now to:
Account name: Shelter for the poor, Account no: CA-1803, Pubali Bank
Limited, Mohammadpur Brunch (Code no: 470302), Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh.
We are ready to submit formal emergency relief and long term
rehabilitation Project proposal(s) if any of you required to provide your
support to us.
Please circulate this request to all of you international and national
Friends / organizations, now!
OR
Account name: Armed Forces Division, Bangladesh Army HQ, Account number:
CA- 020310197069, The Trust Bank Limited, Main Brunch, Dhaka Cantonment,
Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Or please send your donations / support to our office, as address given
bellow or send your relief team(s) with all support to help us provide
more life-saving equipment and supplies.

We are ready to distribute your support to the affected people at the
field or we will handover your support (as you wish) to the Chief
Adviser's [Acting Prime Minister of Bangladesh] fund for the cyclone
victims.

You may also send your support directly to the Chief Adviser's [Acting
Prime Minister of Bangladesh] fund for the cyclone victims, through the
Bangladesh embassy located in your country.

So, please do something now to save the millions of humankinds!

Our office address:
Shelter for the Poor
House: 20/28[Ground floor], Block: B, Babar Road, Mohammadpur,
Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh, Phone/ Fax:+88-02-9138862.

Sincerely yours
Al-Beeroonee

Abu Rayhan Al-Beeroonee
Founder & CEO,Shelter for the Poor,
Mailing Address:
House:20/28 [Ground Floor], Babar Road, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207,
Bangladesh
albeeroonee.shelterbd at gmail.com, albeeroonee at shelterforthepoor.org
Phone/ Fax:+88-02-9138862, Cell:88-01715-259048

Member of:
Habitat International Coalition-HIC
International Alliance of Inhabitants-IAI
Housing & Land Rights Network-HLRN

  * Call for international solidarity: eliminate global debt to house the
    world's poor

  * Info on Zero Evictions Campaign clicking here

  * Creating A Common Global Space Of Solidarity For Urban Social
    Movements clicking here