Sustrans? No Thanks.

Simon Fairlie chapter7 at tlio.org.uk
Fri Nov 30 16:33:15 GMT 2007

I'm rather suspicious of Sustrans. They seem to be perpetuating
Buchanan's theories about separating different modes of traffic which
were responsible for  all those ring roads, and pedestrian tunnels
and circuitous footbridges.
I would prefer to see cars disadvantaged by making them more
expensive, governing their speed  and giving pedestrians full
priority in towns. If you reduce and slow down car use then the
pedestrians and cyclists can look after themselves and don't need
millions of quids worth of funding.

Simon