[diggers350] Low Impact Policies for your local authority.

Gerrard Winstanley readingantig8 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 17:17:14 BST 2007

Hi there,

Id really like a copy of the report if possible?

Im actually concerned with the urban environment (Im a libertarian-communist
activist based in Reading) but I am currently researching alternative models
of development to the neo-liberal one and the gentrification that is
happening to urban and rural working-class areas, particularly trying to
think about alternatives that are grassroots-led, and benefit the community
and the environment before private profit.

If you are interested, the reason Im doing this is because we currently run
a community garden on squatted land in a workingclass area of central
Reading. The site is council owned derelict land and buildings, and they
hope to flog it for yet more high-density development of unnafordable luxury
appartments, but we are trying to pursue a community led alternative to
this.

Info about our garden can be found here:

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/oxford/2007/05/371560.html
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/08/378298.html

So, yeah, if possible, Id be really interested to see the report.

Cheers,
Stu.