Our Food Our Future - Simon Fairlie on Radio 4 this morning

Tony Gosling tony at tlio.org.uk
Mon Aug 11 20:51:10 BST 2008

Editor of our very own 'The Land' magazine Simon Fairlie was on Radio 4
this morning answering the question can Britain feed itself.

Download here, the show is podcast of the day
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/r4choice/

R4Choice: Our Food Our Future 11 Aug 08
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/ourfoodourfuture/
Tom Heap examines the global food crisis and its impact on Britain. For
years British farmers have been encouraged and paid to look after the
environment. But as grain prices soar, some farmers have decided to
squeeze as much food out of their land as they can and leave the wildlife
to fend for itself. In a time of food shortages, do we have a moral
obligation to increase our contribution to global production, even to the
detriment of British wildlife?
Duration: 28mins | File Size: 13MB

good quiz here too - see how you score?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/apps/ifl/radio4/ourfoodourfuture/quizengine?pagerType=pages;pagerData=1