Who owns nature?

lisa elf forestwanderer05 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 6 12:22:03 GMT 2008

I would just like to recommend a report that came out in November 2008: "Who owns nature? Corporate Power and the Final Frontier in the Commodification of Life"
http://www.etcgroup.org/en/materials/publications.html

Who Owns Nature?
Download PDF Download PDF (7 MB)
http://www.etcgroup.org/upload/publication/pdf_file/707

I think the report gives a really good overview of which companies are currently controlling agribusiness, food, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, etc.
The ETC group also has similar articles on its site that may be of some interest, eg. info on how the GM business has already made plans to cash in on climate change.