[diggers350] The Secret Team who make UK housing policy

Jock Coats jock.coats at oxfordshirecommunitylandtrusts.org.uk
Wed May 14 15:35:44 BST 2008

Indeed, there was a revelation by Eddie George (former BofE governor)
not that long ago about keeping land prices up being a priority aim
of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) in the early days at least:

http://www.jockcoats.org.uk/
biggest_frauds_go_unpunished_and_we_are_all_victims

As to the NPHA, some of us had thought we might be able to get at
least some Georgist ideas in there, as Prof Nickell (now) shares an
ivory tower (Nuffield Col, Oxford) with some sensible people like
Iain MacLean and John Muellbauer who understand about such things.
But it seems to me that they must never have managed to talk at high
table:

http://www.jockcoats.org.uk/huttons_half_baked_housing_answers

Jock

--
Jock Coats - Chair, Oxfordshire Community Land Trusts
c/o Warden's Flat 1e, J Block Morrell Hall, OXFORD, OX3 0FF