self build registers in Whitehall

james armstrong james36army at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 18:08:16 BST 2008

"The report also  stresses the importance  of maintaining a vibrant small and self build sector" (sic)
Press release from "Homebuilding in the  UK" from Office of Fair Trading , 25th September 2008.
 Compare this with the Barker Review of Housing Supply of April, 2004 which completely overlooked the self build sector.

This , if I am right, is the first faltering recognition (support?)  of the  self build sector by a government agency.
When I get the report I will explore further, but it seems to be a ray of light which we should actively follow up.
I have some ideas on the next move. James A.