Is land tax compatible with non- violence?

Steve Gwynne satoritree at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 9 18:04:59 BST 2009

That still does not answer the question of how we reconcile the need for respect on one hand and the fact that we commit acts of violence towards other life-forms in order to survive. Collecting a land tax or acquiring land may still be an act of violence if it means evicting other life-forms from both their home and food source. Therefore how is a land tax or the 'peaceful' acquisition of land for human purposes respectful in this instance?

Steve