[diggers350] BGG cancelled

Louise Ferguson louise.ferguson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 23:38:44 BST 2009

http://www.mendip.gov.uk/NewsArticle.asp?id=SX9452-A782D9E0

Local councillor Cllr Tom Killen, who is also the council's portfolio holder for governance and resource, said: "We have tried to work very closely with the organisers of the Big Green Gathering to ensure that their event can run smoothly and safely.

"However, despite these discussions neither the council nor emergency
services were confident that they have everything in place to make this a safe event.

"When there is a risk to public safety and the potential for crime and disorder then we have no other option but to ensure that the event does not take place.

Councillor Tom Killen clearly has some views about 'crime and disorder'.  You can write to, phone or email Tom here.

>From the Mendip website:

Tom Killen (first elected 2007)
The Cake House, Upper Lodge Farm,
Ston Easton, Radstock, BA3 4DU