Pitt selected for Infrastructure Planning Commission top job

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Tue Mar 10 13:47:05 GMT 2009

Wow!

Anyone want to get paid over a hundred grand to stamp on local democracy and
push through roads, power stations and regional business developments?

P.

http://www.planningresource.co.uk/bulletins/Planning-Resource-Daily-
Bulletin/News/888486/Pitt-selected-IPC-top-job/

Pitt selected for IPC top job

Domenic Donatantonio,
PlanningResource, 10th March 2009

Sir Michael Pitt has been announced as the government's choice to become
chairman of the Infrastructure Planning Commission (IPC).

Pitt is currently chair of NHS South West, the General Medical Council's
programme board, and oversaw the national review into the summer floods of 2007
and continues to provide advice to government on the implementation of his
report's recommendations.

Pitt said: "This is an exciting opportunity.  I am looking forward to
assembling the team and working closely with all concerned in order to
establish the commission's new role in a 21st century planning process."

The IPC will be based in Bristol. A select committee of MPs will scrutinise
the government's decision in Whitehall next week, before submitting a report
to planning minister Margaret Beckett.

The minister will consider the report before making her final decision later
this month.

This follows the latest round of recruitment for the Infrastructure Planning
Commission (IPC). The Sunday Times published adverts for two deputy chairs at
£125,000 per annum pro rata, three commissioners at £100,000 per annum pro
rata for three to five days a week, and a full time chief executive at
£120,000-£160,000.

The chief executive role, of which Kevin Williamson is currently overseeing in
an interim role, will be responsible for the leadership of the corporate
functions that support the case management and decision making processes of
the commission.

The role will help create the executive team, contribute to the first business
plan, and help promote the validity and fairness of the IPC’s judgements.

To find out more about the roles, including details on how to apply, visit
www.veredus.co.uk.

The government reaffirmed that the commission will be launched in October 2009.

- --

(Edward Burroughs, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul's book, "Energy Beyond Oil", is out now!
For details see http://www.fraw.org.uk/ebo/

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml