Facebook privacy issues

Richard Chisnall rchisnall at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:57:06 GMT 2009

I noticed a message which pointed the reader towards something on Facebook.

There are some serious unresolved privacy issues with Facebook: one is that
it looks like they 'own' the data you put there, in perpetuity; Facebook
doesn't really work if you use a false name; and governments (our own in
particular) want to have access to it.

I don't want to start a debate about it - it just seems to me to be a bit of
a dodgy place to 'get active' for these reasons.

--
/Richard

Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values - Dalai Lama