Tyting Farm Community occupation

M. Youngblood suburbanstudio at runbox.com
Tue May 12 01:58:39 BST 2009

Sorry, only a facebook group for the farm reclamation at present
but you can find more about it if you visit them or if you turn up
at the "court case" at Guildford County Court Wednesday 13th May 10am

Please join us outside the court for singing and chalk for peace or just
to show support.

Details about the farm location  :

http://www.savetytingfarm.com/map.asp

-

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=80809116892&ref=share

A group of individuals have occupied a farm with the view of turning the
previously
unoccupied common land into a thriving educational community centre.
The main focus is on permaculture and sustainable living.
We aim to provide new allotment spaces for the 450 people on the council
waiting list,
as well as opening a space for the local community to come together to
skill share and
create a sustainable future for the coming generations.
We recognise a drastic need for greater efficiency in our food
production and distribution
and we believe that local community farms are the way forward. We aim to
inspire people
of all ages to grow their own food and look for ways to reduce energy
consumption.
By uniting and pooling our resources we believe the energy crisis can be
averted.
We have taken direct action in occupying the land and have already begun
to till the land
and plant crops ready for the coming season.
We are looking for support from locals and other people further afield,
to enable us to
continue to manage and caretake the farm while it's unoccupied.
We have a court case on Wednesday morning at 10am where will be given
the opportunity
 to be heard on this matter.
We aim to get as many people to show their support by joining this group
and inviting their friends,
we can no longer wait for governments to solve our problems for us, we
need to take direct action NOW!
We understand their are 6 degrees of separation between the cause and
the solution...do you hold the key?
please circulate this group invite and let the magic of the internet
connect us in ways we don't yet know.
Blessings from the farm

Contact Info
Email:    tytingcommunityfarm at gmail.com