Sat14Nov - WORTHING - Stop Cissbury Sell Off

David Bangs dave.bangs at virgin.net
Fri Nov 6 22:37:27 GMT 2009

Stop Cissbury Sell Off

Our website has a map of the for-sale Downland: www.scso.co.uk

PROTEST EVENT

against the proposed selling of Worthing Council-owned Downland around Cissbury Ring

MEET AT COOMBE RISE CAR PARK, FINDON VALLEY

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14th,  11.00am

Speakers include: Kate Ashbrook, redoubtable Director of the Open Spaces Society, & Marion Shoard, countryside author & national campaigner.

Press and TV will be there, so we need maximum turn-out to demonstrate our opposition to the loss of this public landscape.

We will walk up onto the for-sale land and hold a short meeting.

Bring the family and all your friends, and anything to make a show - banners, placards, balloons...

For those who have time we will then take a walk across  Mount Carvey, Cissbury Ring and back down Tenants Hill to view the for-sale Downland and talk through how we wish to see it improved under Worthing's ownership.

The walk will be around 4.5 miles, but folk who do not wish to walk the whole way can easily return at several points.

The walk will cross a Council-owned field that has a statutory right of public access but has been closed to the public, contrary to the law, for the last 4 years.

Contact: Chris Hare, Tel. 01903 200 648, chrisharex at yahoo.co.uk; Barry Winter, Tel: 01903 263 038, bam at cisfort.fsnet.co.uk; Dave Bangs, Tel. 01273 620 815, dave.bangs at virgin.net.

EDITORS COMMENT
A Freedom to Roam Guide to the Brighton Downs (Paperback)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freedom-Roam-Guide-Brighton-Downs/dp/095486381X

Dave, can you please let us know if & when and where your book is available??
Tony