DESI Arms Fair & 9/11 Anniversary

Passing Clouds tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Thu Sep 10 10:50:03 BST 2009

Forwaded from the Passing Clouds list  http://www.passingclouds.org

Also... 10 minute audio interview with David
Southwell, author of '"The History Of Organised Crime" and "Secrets And Lies".
http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/program/35619
http://www.radio4all.net/files/tony@cultureshop.org.uk/2149-1-davidsouthwell.mp3

Tony G

Dear Tribe!
On the 8th anniversary of 9/11 there will be high
jinx at Passing Clouds and around London as we
team up with other venues and crews including Notting Hill Arts Club,
Inspiral Lounge, Brixton Jamm, The Foundry, The
Boy's Club, Rampart Street, NO:ID Gallery,  The
Grosvenor (Stockwell), One Taste, 12 Tone Collective,
Stranger Than Paradise, Treehouse Cafe, We Are
Change, BBC5.tv, United Diversity, Peace Not War,
Peckham Spike, The Daily Terror, Movimientos, Satsang,
Child of the Jago, Little Blue Ball Records,
South London Solidarity Network, Run Riot +++ to
seek a new investigation of 911 in honour of all the people
who lost their lives on that day and in the two
foreign invasions that ensued. Make sure you join
our group on Facebook:
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121010284935#/group.php?gid=122396637204>www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121010284935#/group.php?gid=122396637204,
spread the word,
participate and join us at Passing Clouds or at
one of the other venues on September 911. A list
of events features further down this email.
THIS WEEK AT PASSING CLOUDS:

Friday 11th September:
DURING THE DAY:  DEMONSTRATION OUTSIDE BBC TV
CENTRE organized by WeAreChange London, London Truth Action and
Stop the War to pressurise the BBC to report on
the evident probability of complicity by the US
establishment regarding the events of September 11th 2001.
<http://www.meetup.com/londontruthaction/calendar/11206795/>http://www.meetup.com/londontruthaction/calendar/11206795/

IN THE EVENING: Passing Clouds presents the 911 DRESS UP COVER UP PARTY!
Come as your favourite joker from within the Bush administration!
7PM: Marching Truth band led by Babacar Dieng and
Otto Nascarella leaves from Old Boy's Club to Passing Clouds
7.30: Screening of the documentary ELEPHANT IN
THE ROOM, winner of the 2008 Independent Documentary Awards, with director
DEAN PUCKETT present to answer questions.
9PM: Spoken word from hip-hop inspired vocal
pugilist DAVID J and ZENA EDWARDS, fusing jazzy
hip-hop grooves with spoken word.
11pm: Live music from PEYOTI FOR PRESIDENT, gypsy
beatnik revolutionaries mixing Ska, Cumbia, Flamenco, Rumba
& Samba.  JOE DRISCOLL (from NY) one-man unique
mix up of hip-hop, reggae, soul and rock and VERY BE CAREFUL
(from LA), fusing Carribean soul and California heartbeats,
DJs PLANETMAN (Little Blue Ball Records), DADDY
FE (Antic Banquet) and BEN DEVERE (Secret Garden
Party) mixing it up with the funky
afro-reggae grooves, festival style. Hosted by
queen of sharp lyrics MC ANGEL . Doors open 7.15. £5 before 10, £8 after.
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=123066798369>http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=123066798369.

HOT NEWS: Word is CHARLIE and DANNY of the
Liberation of Canary Wharf will be joining us
with their Megaphones
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZaNne0Pic>www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZaNne0Pic
Saturday 12th September: Passing Clouds presents
the original rebel all the way from the Gambia,
JALLY KEBBA SUSSO and THE MANDING SABU playing
high-velocity traditional, afro-funk fusion to dance
to all night long with Otto Nascarella bringing
us all the funk, Latin and Afrobeat you can
handle. Almost your last chance to groove with him before
he heads back to Brazil (sob), so make the most
of it! Upstairs Kalabash and the Shadow take us
on a journey through Ugandian sounds from
the street. Doors open 9pm, £5 before 10, £8
after.
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=128011812778>www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=128011812778
Sunday 13th September:
4-8pm: PAINT JAM Art therapist Dalia Zermon leads
a new paint workshop at Passing Clouds. £15, all
materials provided. No experience required
For more information, please call 07956 889
634
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=144541912111>www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=144541912111
7pm: Cinematters screens ZEITGEIST THE MOVIE. A
vintage classic for the conscious generation,
Zeitgeist (2007) is still a powerful expose of
the designs of the global elite whilst presenting
a peaceful new direction for mankind.
Doors open 6.45 for 7pm screening £3 pounds
entry.
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=129049679517>http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=129049679517
9pm: TREEHOUSE CAFE BBQ and the PASSING CLOUDS
SUNDAY JAM SESSION hosted by Kodjovi Kush
and special guests. £3 before 10, £5 after.
NEXT WEEK AT PASSING CLOUDS:
Wednesday 16th September: BUBBLE RAG AND THE
WAVYTONES live!. A night of vintage jazz upstairs at the Passing Clouds Salon.
Live music from the Francesco Marco and Ewan
Bleach duo. Doors open 8pm £5
www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=155715185750
Friday 18th September: 12 Tone Collective throws
another wicked party at Passing Clouds. Live Bands: SPEAKERS CORNER QUARTET
will be bringing their own brand of
Jazz-Classical-Hiphop music. 12TONE BRASS BAND
Big brass, big bass and big beats and TERPSIKPORIE,
combining the magical footwork of renaissance,
baroque and flamenco dance with the cheeky wit
and passion of pop and early music.
Dj's : Duke Etienne - (Heads High)- Afro-funk and
dub and  Cal Jader -(Movimientos) - spinning Latin and Funk
£5 B4 10pm £7 After All profits go towards
building a self-sufficient, carbon neutral housing co-op in London.
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=144083125880>http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=144083125880
Saturday 19th September: PE DE JUREMA E SARAVAH
SOUL. Afro Brazilian vibes take over the Passing
Clouds in an absolutely exquisite
musical banquet!  Starter: Pé de Jurema, playing
and dancing raw brazilian folk rhythms. Main
course: Tru Thoughts signed, Afro-brazilian-beat masters,
Saravah Soul in their very last gig of the year
in Europe. Dessert: DJ D.Vyzor (brazilian
grooves, funk...), DJ Hugo Mendez (master tropical spinner)!
Hosted by Saravah Soul frontman OTTO
NASCARELLA  Doors open 9pm. £7 before 10, £10 after
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=119164511658>http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=119164511658
Sunday 20th September: Cinematters screens
ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM. A hotly debated sequel to Zeitgeist the Movie.
Come discuss possible visions of future with us.
Doors open 6.45 for 7pm screening £3 pounds entry.
Followed by the TREEHOUSE CAFE BBQ and the
PASSING CLOUDS SUNDAY JAM SESSION hosted by Otto Nascarella.
Wednesday 23rd September: Peace Not War presents
a night of protest folk upstairs at Passing Clouds.
Hosted by ROB THE RUB and SARAH BEAR (Peckham Spike).
Thursday 24th September: Satsang Collective
presents DUBCASTING: After a successful launch
party last month the DubCasting crew is back with a bang.
On the bill last time were legends like Adrian
Sheerwood, Dr Das & Pandit G (ADF). Prepare
yourself for another installment of heavy weight line up.
Full info soon come.
Friday 25th September: Passing Clouds presents
THE DZENBII ALL-STARS led by master percussionist KWAME OWUSU from Ghana
with the traditional tribal sounds and dances of West African tribes.
Saturday 26th September: 2-7pm Drumming and dance
workshop led by Batch Gueye, Babacar Dieng and Karim Mbaye.£30/ £20 cons
In the evening: Little Blue Ball party starring
PLANETMAN AND THE INTERNATIONALZ and TAM RA (Babakar Dieng's amazing
Senegalese drumming group) and KODJOVI KUSH plus DJ The Flight Commander +++
Sunday 27th: More conscious screening from the
CINEMATTER crew, JAM SESSION and tasty TREEHOUSE food!
OTHER 911 AND ANTI-WAR EVENTS:

THURSDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER:
 >>>GUANTANAMO BAY - TAKE A HOLIDAY! at the NO:ID
Gallery. Converting the NO:ID Gallery into a
travel agency offering journeys to places where
human rights take a holiday. Featuring water
boarding device, real Muslims chained to the
railings, convincing sales persons, and much more.
<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=126212129004>http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=126212129004
 >>>START THE MUSIC PRESENTS BEATS BEATS BULLETS!
Stop The War Coalition unite against war at the Vibe Bar:
<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=135647177752>http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=135647177752

FRIDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER:
 >>>BATUCADA at Notting Hill Arts Club. Brazilian
music and films on 9/11.
<http://www.nottinghillartsclub.com>www.nottinghillartsclub.com
 >>>9/11 ILLUMINATION Featuring visuals and music
on the theme of controlled demolition at Inspiral Lounge, Camden
 >>>9/11 THE TRUTH at the Bird's Nest, Depford
High Street - an evening of film and music from
8pm
<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=125772260965>http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=125772260965
 >>>LOVE BOMB PARTY at Rampart Street with Rob
the Rub, Sarah Bear and the Peace Not War Crew
 >>>IF.STROKE.WHEN at the Grosvenor, 17 Sidney
Road, Stockwell. 9/11 themed music and visuals
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf>http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128267548634&ref=mf

OTHER EVENTS
8-11 September: The DESi arms trade fair is back
at the Excel center in the Docklands: the world's largest fully integrated
'defense and security' exhibition, 'bringing
together senior international trade and military
experts from the entire supply chain in
an optimal business environment.' It beggars
belief. If you are doing anything in protest,
Passing Clouds applauds you. <http://www.dsei.co.uk>www.dsei.co.uk.
17th September: The night of mix of back to front
Latin sound with the blend of Afrogroove beats by
Los Sputniks; 10 piece renegade new act
playing representation of Latin London
underground scene. Guest DJ: Cal Jader (Movimientos) Resident DJ: Koichi Sakai
(Afrobeat Vibration/Los Autenticos), Clem Jorge
(Movimientos/El Solar)
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=146801193242>http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=146801193242
18th - 20th September: ALCHEMY FESTIVAL - a
'family friendly music festival at a secret location in Lincolnshine'
featuring Small World Solar Stage. More at
www.alchemyfestival.co.uk  www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=57337574886
22nd September: Catch Muntu Valdo's electric
electric solo set live at the Vortex Jazz Club:
8.30pm 8 pounds
<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123339688959>www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123339688959

22nd September: Movimientos Live at the Notting
Hill Arts Club with Fernando Aragones, Longjon La
Flecha and Lokkhi Terra and Afrodita live. Doors 5pounds
18th - 20th September: OUT OF THE ORDINARY
FESTIVAL - a '3 dayeco and family friendly
festival set in the beautiful Sussex countryside
celebrating the autumn equinox. Solar powered
stages and wind generators powering, fascinating
talks and workshops plus children's activities,
a green marketplace plus many more out of the
ordinary surprises!
<http://www.outoftheordinaryfestival.com>www.outoftheordinaryfestival.com
FURTHER EDUCATION Thank you for your links - keep them coming....
In the run up to the 8th anniversary of 911,
Passing Clouds is taking time to honour the
international Truth Movement and all they have done to
expose the truth behind the 911 event that
claimed and is still claiming thousands of lives
due to the lies of a criminal element within the US Government.
Passing Clouds will be promoting all counter
information to media propaganda on this subject.
If you are a journalist we urge you to take responsibility
and strive to represent the truth at every opportunity.
Danish scientist Niels Harrit, on nano-thermite
in the WTC dust:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_tf25lx_3o&feature=related>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_tf25lx_3o&feature=related

911 pop: Eminem, Mos Def and Immortal Technique's
911 track:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohtv6YKiK44&feature=PlayList&p=6BDEE930BD5B75F6&index=0>www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohtv6YKiK44&feature=PlayList&p=6BDEE930BD5B75F6&index=0
IGNORE THE TERROR PROPAGANDA IN THE MEDIA IN THE
RUN-UP TO THE DESI ARMS FAIR AND 911. IT IS ALL LIES.

Stay educated on the implementation of Codex
Alimentarius this November. A set of rules and
regulations governing the production
and distribution of all food, brought about by
the World Health Organisation, and outlawing
vitamins and minerals and making the irradiation of food
and use of Monsanto growth hormones obligatory.
Lecture by Rima E Laibo
(<http://www.healthfreedomusa.org>www.healthfreedomusa.org)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrF9KjlGsc
Lecture by Ian
Crane:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2D4-noTiCg&feature=fvw>www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2D4-noTiCg&feature=fvw
IMPORTANT - Please sign the petition at the
bottom of this email against Codex. Deadline 5th September
But don't worry, hope is here: Canary Wharf has
been officially liberated.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZaNne0Pic>www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZaNne0Pic
NEWS
ASHTANGA YOGA IS BACK at Passing Clouds. Every
Monday 6.00-7.30 and 7.30-8.00. 5 pounds. Please
contact Jonny to book on 07730 690 071.
Farewell to the Manor! Passing Clouds is praised
for it's contributions to
squatting.
<http://londonist.com/2009/09/squatters_praised_by_de_beauvoir_lo.php>http://londonist.com/2009/09/squatters_praised_by_de_beauvoir_lo.php
FINAL NOTE
Passing Clouds intrepid musical darlings Jack
Yglesias and Otto Nascarella will be providing us
with a weekly portal to new spiritual dimensions through choice snippets
of the musically weird and wonderous from around the globe.
This week six drummers, one apartment. Enjoy!
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26eyBmUwi6w>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26eyBmUwi6w

That's all folks!adieu!
XXPASSINGCLOUDSXX

Take time to check our sponsor: BBC5.tv - the
best source of alternative information on the net. -

IMPORTANTs
Petition against Codex Alimentarius
(it just means Food Code - the Latin name is just
meant to confuse us or think its not to do with
us, but it will affect everyone)

Dear Friends,
I know some of you will be familiar with this,
for others you may not be aware of what
parliament is about to do in your name.
Codex Alimentairus is a law designed to hand over
the control of natural remedies to the
pharmaceutical giants. One more attempt to
regulate us - with potentially dire consequences.
Unless we take this last opportunity and act now
we will not be able to buy vitamins or
health/nutritional supplements without a doctor's
prescription - they will be banned from 31st December 2009.

You may think this can't happen, you may think
why haven't I heard about this before. Ther
reason is that there are vested interests,
giant multinational pharmaceutical companies, and
it is not in their interest that you know about
an oppose this. They and our lawmakers
in Europe are banking on public apathy. Despite
considerable pressure already exerted our
government is still planning to implement this
law - UNLESS THERE IS MASSIVE OPPOSITION IT WILL GO AHEAD.

Like many health and safety matters this was
started with good intentions, in 1962 by the
United Nations, to establish international free trade
foods but has become a major threat to our civil
liberties and freedom of choice. As the song
says, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT
TILL IT'S GONE.

Please, sign the petition to the Prime Minister.
It takes 10 seconds! This is for our health and
for the well-being of our children. Please click on the
link below...... DEADLINE IS 05 SEPTEMBER 09.

<http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Vitamins/>http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Vitamins/
For more information google opposition to codex
alimentarius or look on facebook and you'll see
that the threat is very real and opposition is from
the people from all walks of life in many countries.