Reduce homelessness conference, 13th Dec, London

tony at cultureshop.org.uk tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sat Dec 4 18:47:14 GMT 2010

CPPSeminars

How Best Can We Prevent And Reduce Homelessness And Improve The Lives
Of Those People Who Do Become Homeless?

Date: Monday 13th December 2010.
Time: 09:00am.
Venue: The Royal Commonwealth Society, London.

This CPPS seminar brings together key figures from across sectors in
the important debate on how policies of the new Coalition Government
can tackle the challenges of eliminating the scourge of homelessness.
How should all stakeholders modify their approaches to meet the
agenda and expectations of the new Government?
The day encourages brief, focussed presentations followed by engaged
discussion by all attending in a relaxed setting. It is hoped that it
will make a valuable contribution to taking forward policy and
practice on the issues.

TAKING FORWARD POLICIES OF THE NEW COALITION GOVERNMENT

What are the policies of the new Coalition Government on tackling
homelessness?

How best can we eradicate rough sleeping by 2012?

How will the cross-ministerial group tackle homelessness?

How are all councils in England proving information on rough sleepers?

What is the true scale of the problem that we face locally?

What does the future hold for the Supporting People Funding?

How can the third sector stop people from becoming homeless?

What impact will the proposed housing benefit reforms have?

How best can charities, councils, housing associations and others
work in partnership to effectively tackle homelessness?

How best can we build on the talents of each individual and inspire
them to have more confidence?

How can we help them make the journey out of homelessness forever?

How are we identifying and targeting 'hidden homelessness'?

How can we close the door on routes into homelessness?

How are we tackling the causes of homelessness?

How are we addressing domestic violence which accounts for 13% of
homelessness acceptances?

How best can we identify and focus on those most at risk of homelessness?

How can we address the complex and multiple health needs of homeless people?

What can we learn from the Scottish experience?

How best can we identify, target, prevent and address the needs of
homeless children, young and older people?

Where can we hope to be in 10 years?

Speakers Include:
Emily Bird - Policy Leader - National Housing Federation
Ruth Stanier - Deputy Director - Department for Communities and Local
Government
Jenny Edwards - Chief Executive - Homeless Link
Shona Stephen - Deputy Director, Housing Access & Support - Scottish Government
Emily Cox - Chair of Housing and Urban Renewal Overview and Scrutiny
Committee - Birmingham City Council
Jeremy Swain - Chief Executive - Thames Reach
Kendra Schneller - Homeless Intermediate Care Nurse - Three Boroughs
Homeless Team, NHS Lambeth
Anne Goymer - UK Strategic Lead, Health and Housing - Barnardos
Rosemary Westbrook - Director of Housing - Westminster Council
Joanne Bretherton - Research Fellow - The Centre for Housing Policy,
The University of York
Charles Fraser - Chief Executive - St. Mungos
Roger Harding - Head of Policy, Research and Public Affairs - Shelter

www.cppseminars.org.uk

---

---

This is an email from CPPSeminars, registered in the United Kingdom 5077939.
Registered office: Centre for Public Policy Seminars Ltd, 6 Hollins
Place, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 8EU.
VAT Registration Number: 838 8140 05