DV parliament square

james armstrong james36armstrong at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 1 19:09:58 BST 2010

How many who write about the democracy village have actually been there?I had to  ask the same of the  Foreign Office  Afghanistan desk in 2001
when they came out with the  ludicrous excuse for invasion as 'reconstruction the society'  I described my view of Afghanistan from Khyber in 1979 as resembling a  moonscape.I quoted their budget back to them- "£60 million" and asked How do you propose to construct the infrastructure of a modern society,  of schools, hospitals, central and local government police ,roads , army ..... on £3 per head of the Afghan population (20million).I never got a reply.How many have actually visited the Democracy Village? On Tuesday It looked and felt good  to me . James