Tutors sought - Sunrise Off-Grid College 2010

Dan_Sunrise dansunrise at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:51:34 BST 2010

Sunrise: Off-Grid 2010

Making the Transition

August 19th-22nd 2010

In a Beautiful field in Somerset

http://www.sunrise-offgrid.co.uk

---

Sunrise: Off-Grid returns for its second year in the fields of sunny Somerset. A participatory, family-focused gathering and a deep exploration of community living, creativity and consciousness produced by the team behind the Sunrise Celebration festivals. A networking camp for Community Activists, Off-Gridders, Transitioners, Earth-dwellers, Sustainable Lifers, Holistic Livers, Bushfolk, Pirates, Visionaries and Freemen. A place to gather ourselves and each other and share our knowledge, skills and wisdom. A place to learn, expand, explore and breathe a little.

As we plunge further into this transition of the ages, as the Earth shudders beneath our feet and global society teeters on the brink of chaos and collapse, as we veer between visions of fear and positivity we have a choice as to what steps we take...To step into a Brave New World as a committed participant or to stand aside and let others shape our futures?

We are the architects of our realities and we are responsible for shaping our worlds!

--

As part of the NEW Off-Grid College, premiering at Sunrise:Off Grid, we are looking for presenters and teachers in the following subject areas.

- Practical Eco-Build Demonstrations

- Bush/Wildcraft

- Running 12v power systems

- A Guide to the various Micro-Renewables

- Rainwater Harvesting

- Natural Waste Water Treatment

- Building Regulations and Planning Legislation

- Storing and Preserving Food

- LED Lighting Workshops

Are you able to help with any of these subjects? If so, please contact dan at sunrisecelebration.com / 07792 353864 to register your interest.

We are also looking for various materials, supplies and infrastructure to make the event possible. If you have any canvas, tarpaulins, large amounts of wood, paint or anything else you feel could be of us, then let us know!

Similarly, there are opportunities for stalls and exhibition pitches, workshop leaders, stewards, litter pickers and other volunteers. Please email off-grid at sunrisecelebration.com if you wish to get involved!

The Off-Grid college is a module-based taster course in all you need to know about the practical aspects of Off-Grid living. Ranging through aspects as diverse as power-provision through to Off-Grid Medicine, Eco-Construction and Bushcraft Skills.

Sunrise: Off-Grid will also feature talks and workshops on subjects ranging through the themes of Land and Food, Transition Towns, Sustainable Community, Practical Action, Traditional Crafts, Post-Economix, Earth Energies, Ancient Futures, Healing and Movement and much much more.

There will be a buzzing kids area, the return of the School of Harmonic Learning with educational activities for kids, traditional fair, Sunrise's own complementary currency, healing area, crafts area, chai shops, community cooking area, sauna, hot showers, organic food and drink and more.

More details on programme to follow shortly

Tickets Available via Bristol Ticket Shop
£55/£75, Kids £20 + Parking Fees

http://www.bristolticketshop.co.uk/offgridlink.htm
http://www.sunrise-offgrid.co.uk/#tickets.php
0845 1080259