Fw: planning laws- use of woodlands for community and education

Deb Millar deb at beccott.com
Fri Jul 9 10:42:49 BST 2010

Dear All,

I wonder if you could circulate this link to anyone who maybe interested?

Our small woodland conservation project in Charlton Mackrell is still struggling. We are about to submit a 3rd planning application (first two were withdrawn) to SSDC in order to be able to regularize our wooden tool shed and forestry access for use by community run group CSOLP    www.wilderwoods.org
Our last application for the tool shed was about to be refused because the officer felt there had been a change of use to education. So we are starting again from scratch with the help of a planning consultant.

In the meantime I have posted the suggestion to the government for laws which need changing below and it would be great to have some support! Please forward to anyone who maybe interested.

http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/repealing-unnecessary-laws/update-definition-of-forestry-to-include-community-and-educational-use/idea-view

Kind regards,

Deb Millar
Central Somerset Outdoor Learning Partnership
Wilderwoods Forest School
www.wilderwoods.org
email: forestschool at beccott.com
tel 01458 223444