[diggers350] Moy Estate raptor poisoning - police swoop

ilyan ilyan.thomas at virgin.net
Tue Jun 8 22:27:48 BST 2010

Hi David,
I should have defined 'animal' tracks.   A Gamekeeper out to catch
Raptors would have set it away from animal routes, and would have put
some sort of bait clearly visible from the air.   Perhaps they would not
get the real killers that way as those may only take live prey, not
carrion.   More field studies needed.    I think there was a case of
hawk in a gin trap about twemty years ago, that might have been set on a
pole a hawk sometimes used as a perch.
How well grown were the grouse a poacher might have been hoping for.
any grain around?
Ilyan