Olympics Radio 4 reminder and latest Squatters' Handbook

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Mon May 31 12:06:06 BST 2010

BBC Radio 4 Mark Saunders on impact of Olympics on Local people

Date:   Wednesday, 02 June 2010
Time:   12:00 - 22:00
Location:    BBC Radio 4 You and Yours 12.00-13.00
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/you-and-yours/

plus.............

The Squatters Handbook
http://www.squatter.org.uk/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=16
Saturday, 22 May 2010
The Squatters Handbook  (ISBN 0 - 9507769 – 6-3)
has been published by the Advisory Service for
Squatters in London since 1976. It is now in its
thirteenth edition and provides 83 pages of
detailed legal and practical information about
squatting, homelessness and Travellers in England
and Wales. Be aware that the law is different in
Scotland and Northern Ireland and that the info
in the handbook won't apply there.
We put out the 13th edition of the handbook in
July, 2009. Boxes and boxes of them are currently
cluttering our office. Please help us get rid of
them! More content, same price, even a shiny new cover.

[]

It costs only £1.50, or £2 with postage.
If you're in London, come into the office to pick
them up. Otherwise, write, phone, or email for
your copy. Send us your name and address along
with a cheque for £2 written out to ASS, or four
50p stamps, or a postal order(although they're a
bit of a rip off) and we'll get one in the post
straight away. We don't take credit cards. If you
urgently need one, call or email us with your
details and we'll send one out along with an
invoice. If you live outside of the UK, you can
order them from
<http://www.akuk.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=5757>AK
press. Contact us for bulk rates if you need a
load of them. If you're completely skint, come by
or get in touch anyway - you can work off the
cost of one washing our coffee encrusted mugs or something ;)
Advisory Service For Squatters
Angel Alley
84b Whitechapel High St
London E1 7QX
Phone: 020 3216 0099
Fax: 020 3216 0098
email: <mailto:advice at squatter.org.uk>advice at squatter.org.uk

The Advisory Service for Squatters (ASS) provides
legal and practical advice to squatters and other
homeless people. Our office is open from Monday
to Friday, 2-6pm. You can call or drop in any
time we're open. As we're staffed by volunteers,
it's normally a good idea to ring before coming
by to double check that someone's in.