[Diggers350] student loans dont add up

ilyan ilyan.thomas at virgin.net
Thu Nov 4 09:54:37 GMT 2010

It is a great life being a Medical Student.   Run up a huge debt and
repeat  as many years as you can.

Was it Spinoza or Descartes who indicated that the brightest people
should not waste their time going to University?    University for the
more stupid people, the even more stupid should be put to a Trade.

Nowadays it should be even more clear that those too stupid to follow a
Trade become Politicians.

Fifty years ago Medical Students just about repaid the full cost of
their medical education in their first year as a Houseman.    Alternate
weeks of 120 and 80 hours if paid at a tradesman's wages with proper
overtime rates did that, but they were paid a pittance.   The EU put a
stop to those hours.   Quite sensibly because there was a loss due to
breakdowns and even suicide, and overworked people do make mistakes.

Ilyan