[project2012] Re: [Dem-Village] 'Agricultural' tax scam

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 21 14:02:50 GMT 2010

Of course, put all the energy into the big first!

Strongly suggest you get yourself down to meet the student anti-cuts groups
now formed, to understand, and also help them to understand, what this is
about. Students should be particularly amenable as they are keen to get
alternatives forward as part of initiatives to build the movement. So get
yourself down to a Teach In asap, and then listen, learn and find a skilful
way to teach what you know!

Here's something to give you a flavour of student concerns and some of the
possibilities that might flow out of it, just sent me by a comrade:
http://london.indymedia.org/videos/6027

On 20 November 2010 10:59, Robin Smith <robinsmith3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed.
>
> Is it worse than that though?
>
> More land OR higher value land?
>
> Cheapest farm land costs £40/acre
> Most expensive land costs £400 million! TAX FREE UNEARNED INCOME.
>
> Someone else is working to pay those unearned incomes. Yup, That's you.
>
> Where do you think the real problem lies? Not discounting your idea.
> Yet should we focus energy on the little or the big first?
>
> Brgds
>
> On 20 November 2010 09:55, james armstrong <james36armstrong at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > If you want to avoid capital gains tax, be a farmer.
> > But if your not a multi millionaire, just buy a pony paddock.
> > There are an estimated  900,000 horses in UK.  (They don't pull ploughs
> > exept at the annual  Dorset Fair)
> > At the ratio of one acre to one pony that works out at 900,000 acres of
> > 'pony paddocks'in UK. Pasture (and farmland and land set aside from
> farming
> > for wildlife) is exempt from capital gains tax.
> > In life,landownership qualifies you to pocket CAP benefits- the more land
> > the bigger the benefit. In death the same land qualifies you for
> exemption
> > from Capital Gains Tax.
> > James
> >
> > --
> >

> --
> Economics Comment
> http://gco2e.blogspot.com/
>
> Work
> http://www.systemicfiscalreform.org/
>
> Political Campaign Message
> http://tinyurl.com/thefreestate
>
> --

*Captain SKA  - Liar Liar
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQFwxw57NBI
*Support for Xmas Number 1!!!!
*
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Captain-Ska-Liar-Liar-for-Xmas-2010-No1/167549809939108

"We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet /Yet is there no
man speaketh as we speak in the street.”