[Diggers350] 300,000 jobs we can pay for

Simon Fairlie chapter7 at tlio.org.uk
Sat Nov 27 22:00:11 GMT 2010

If we scrap CAP subsidies  the majority of our food will be imported
form the North America, Australia/NZ  and developing countries.

The problem is not the subsidies (though tariffs would be better) —
they are needed to make UK  farming viable in a competitive
capitalist market.  The problem is the concentration of land in large
farms.

Simon