BBC documentary on the precient global farming and food crisis

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Mon Sep 20 22:14:15 BST 2010

A Farm for the Future 01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xShCEKL-mQ8
<http://www.youtube.com//user/withDefiance>withDefiance | April 23, 2009

BBC documentary on the precient global farming and food crisis,
filmed in the UK.
Featuring Martin Crawford (Agroforestry Research Trust), Fordhall
Farm, Richard Heinberg and others.

Topics covered are the influence of oil on the food production,
peak-oil, food security, carbon emissions, sustainability and permaculture.
I never thought farming cd be thrilling, but this film made it so.
Taking into account that 85p of every pound we currently pay for our
food is for the oil to produce and transport that food, the coming
impacts of exorbitantly expensive oil will devastate our existing
sources of food, but with what this film shows, we have found a way
around this challenge. It's being pioneered now, by this imaginative
woman and the geniuses she learned from. It's a film we'll be glad we
watched thro to the end.
Thanks. Everyone should watch all of this.
When counting the oil used to produce an (industrial) sandwhich, why
start with the bread? Why nost start with the plastic package.
Food was, and can again, be produced sustainiably. Check out Joel
Salatin of Polyface Farm on YouTube, or Google.

+44 (0)7786 952037
http://tonygosling.blip.tv/
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung