Right to take part in running public affairs is a universal human right

mm at iniref.org mm at iniref.org
Fri Apr 22 15:35:13 BST 2011

*Iniref, the Campaign for Direct Democracy in Britain*, has called for
lobbying and campaign action for instance at general election times and
aiming to improve government law which regulates the procedures of
democracy. Recently we drafted a call to lobby the Communities minister
to improve his Localism Bill (see 1. in "Read more").

In Britain we have never developed much in the way of direct democracy
so we are pretty unfamiliar with it. There's a great story about a
success of genuine _democracy-led-by-citizens_ in a free high quality
short film, *The Alpine Initiative* via
http://www.iniref.org/alpine.html and if you want a lot of detail about
direct democracy then load down _Direct Democracy in 5 Countries of
Europe_ http://www.iniref.org/dd5countries.pdf and explore the free
content at http://www.iniref.org

For friends who are new to the Campaign we now want to summarise what
our demands are and to define some basic principles of democracy by the
people.
Read more ...
<http://iniref.wordpress.com/iniref-proposals-clarified-free-film-background-info/>