Gary 'DS' Bamford Killed in accident

mark mark at scraprecords.com
Tue Aug 2 10:08:26 BST 2011

It is with great sadness we inform you of the untimely deaths of Gary 'DS'
Bamford, his daughter Caisie, friends Kath and Talia in a tragic motor
accident in Trelawney, Jamaica early on the morning of 1st August. Gary's
daughter Josie is in serious condition in hospital.

Gary was a well-known performer and organiser in the traveller, squat,
festival, and underground scene over the past 30 odd years. He performed
with  2000DS, Crowzone, ICDS, and Dead Silence Syndicate as well as with
many other musicians and he performed at and helped organise many activist
benefit  gigs .

He  was well known for the Great Wreck N Roll Circus events which started
emerged out of the free festival with a spectacular in December 1999 under
London Bridge Train station with over 200 performers, 20 bands, 40 DJ.'s and
6 stages.

He was currently working on a film about the underground festival  scene (
amongst a shed loads of other stuff )at the time of his death.

Our thought go out to his family and many friends - this is a big loss to
the community.