Cameron gets High Court approval for Britain's biggest ever 'gyppo bashing'

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Aug 31 20:09:02 BST 2011

Dale Farm families could be evicted from midnight tonight
http://dalefarm.wordpress.com/2011/08/31/dale-farm-families-could-be-evicted-from-midnight-tonight/
August 31, 2011 by DaleFarmSupport -
Dale Farm official Twitter Feed: http://twitter.com/#!/letdalefarmlive
The last remaining legal barrier between the
eviction of 86 families from their homes at Dale
Farm has now fallen. The emergency injunction we
sought, which would have delayed the planned
eviction, has not been granted. This means that,
from midnight tonight, the bailiffs can come at
any time. The homes of the Dale Farm families are at risk.
Now is the time to make your stand with in solidarity with Dale Farm.
Please come down to Camp Constant – the more
people we have, the more powerful our message and
the more we can support the residents to resist the eviction.
Sign up to the sms eviction alert system at
https://smsalerts.tachanka.org/dalefarm/ .
Dale Farm is only 30 minutes by train from London
Liverpool Street Station.  The atmosphere at Dale
Farm is inspiring — check out video of residents
and supporters celebrating and learning together.
We will also be demonstrating: TELL EVERYONE:
Sat, 10th Sept, 1pm, see here for more
information and email: savedalefarm at gmail.com to
add your group’s support to the list

This weekend at Dale Farm (in addition to site
construction and other activities):
On Saturday, Sept 3rd, noon: Jewish Solidarity
visit — it’s important that cultures with a
shared history of oppression support each other
when our fundamental human rights face being
breached.  That is why this Saturday, Jewish
rabbis, citizens and activists will be on a
special blockade in support of residents at Dale Farm.
There is a workshop, on Sunday Sept. 4th,
2pm:  Freedom of Movement and the Right to Stay!
This is the rallying cry for Roma, Gypsies and
Travellers and of migrants throughout the world.
A common thread of persecution, of forbidden
lands, eviction and deportation connect the
struggles for migrant rights and the rights of
Gypsies and Travellers. These realities have met
dramatically in the crack-down and deportations
of Roma people from France and Italy. Come to the
Workshop organised by No One Is Illegal and
London No Borders including a speaker who is an
activist in Amnesty International’s campaign
against the persecution of Roma in Europe.
If you can’t come down, you can help in other ways:
- spread the word on Twitter (@letdalefarmlive)
on Facebook (search ‘Dale Farm Solidarity’)
- talk about it to your friends
- comment online – all the newspapers are
carrying the story on their websites and the
majority of online comments are negative
- donate: http://dalefarm.wordpress.com/donate/

Travellers are concerned how being evicted will
affect those who are old and sick on the site.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-14732357

Dale Farm Travellers lose appeal
http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/tenancies/dale-farm-travellers-lose-appeal/6517531.article
31 August 2011 | By Rhiannon Bury, Alex Wellman - Inside Housing
A last-ditch attempt by Travellers to delay a
council’s attempt to evict them from their homes
has been foiled in the High Court.
Residents from the Dale Farm Travellers site in
Basildon had gone to the High Court today
(Wednesday) asking for an injunction to delay the eviction.
Campaigners for the Travellers argued that the
eviction was unjust against 72-year-old Mary
Flynn who suffers from breathing problems.
The case was thrown out but the council has
agreed to review fresh medical evidence. The
Travellers said this gave them a 14-day extension but the council disagreed.
Basildon Council had issued an eviction notice in
July which gave the 100 families living on 51
illegal pitches until 31 August to leave the site.
Jake Fulton, spokesperson for Dale Farm
Solidarity, said: ‘Many of the residents are
devastated but this isn’t something new to them.
They’ve had many ups and downs over the last 10 years.
‘Those of us who are supporting them also share
their distress but we hope that in the next 14
days we can build a strong sense of solidarity with them.’
Tony Ball, leader of Basildon Council, said: ‘We
are satisfied with today’s High Court
decision.  We will now continue with our
preparations for the clearance of Dale Farm.
‘But this will take place only after we have
informed the travellers of the intended date when the operation will begin.
‘Direct action to clear Dale Farm is a last
resort for the council and we take it reluctantly
- but after almost 10 years of legal wrangling
and exhausting the judicial process the
travellers have left us with absolutely no choice.
‘They have broken the law which we are duty bound
to uphold. And this is what we believe the vast
majority of local people expect us to do.’

+44 (0)7786 952037
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung