You and Yours/Grant Thornton on food prices

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Thu Dec 1 13:58:18 GMT 2011

Today's You and Yours -- http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017mvxb -- had an
interesting line from a retail analysts on how consumers can help to manage
their rising food prices (the programme was commenting on last weeks Grant
Thornton report on why food prices will take a steep hike over the next 12
months -- http://www.grant-thornton.co.uk/pdf/GTI_Food_and_Beverage_Nov11.pdf
). He said:
1. Cook more from raw ingredients;
2. Avoid "higher added value" processed goods; and
3. He stated, "I'm not being flippant, but people should grow more of their own
food".

Wow!, sense at last! Pity there's not sufficient land available for people to
get on and grow their food!

P.

- --

.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul's book, "Energy Beyond Oil", is out now!
For details see http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ebo/

Read my 'essay' weblog, "Ecolonomics", at:
http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ecolonomics/

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey-2011.asc