26/27th Feb SOMERSET Coppicing weekend

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Feb 22 14:04:50 GMT 2011

21/22Feb09 - Somerset coppicing weekend
Please call first to check sleeping space availability.

Hello everyone.

Spring is about to spring and its time for Tinkers Bubble's coppicing
weekend again. It is on the weekend of 26th/27th February 2011 at
Tinkers Bubble community near Yeovil, Somerset. Lots of sumptious food
provided, cider, and accomodation (not quite so sumptious but
adequate).

We work from 9am ish to dusk on each day, coppicing hazel -
some old derelict stools and some cut some years ago, working with
hand tools in teams of 3-5 with at least one experienced coppicer per
team.

If you would like to come you must telephone 01935 881975 (DONT reply
to this email address) to let us know so we can keep track of numbers.
You'll need to bring sleeping bag if you're staying over night, torch,
sensible footwear and clothing according to weather etc.(see
forecasting links below) and, if you want to bring your own tools that
can be really handy - billhooks, bowsaws (with greenwood blades) ,
pruning saws, loppers, and gloves if you like working in them. Please
mark them in some way so you can tell them apart from other people's.

Do come on the Friday afternoon or evening if you want. Parking is
very limited. We can pick you up from railway stations Yeovil Junction
or Yeovil Pen-Mill on Friday (not Sat) and from the Berry's (01823
331356) bus, the Hammersmith to Taunton via. South Petherton flyer.
Make sure you let us know when you'll be arriving.

You can track the mid-Somerset weather forecast for the next couple of
weeks here:
7-14 days http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=yeovil
0-7 days http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp?zipcode=yeovil

Its lots of fun & I hope you can make it.

Best wishes from the Tinkers Bubble folk.

+44 (0)7786 952037
http://tonygosling.blip.tv/
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung