National Public Order Intelligence Unit (NPOIU). and ACPO

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sun Jan 16 21:47:37 GMT 2011

The Mail on Sunday today (page 8, feature on Mark Kennedy, undercover
policeman who has been exposed as such) refers to the National Public
Order Intelligence Unit (NPOIU).

The paper states that the unit runs a nationwide intelligence data
base of political activists.

It goes on: 'The unit comes under the Association of Chief Police
Officers (ACPO). I have always regarded ACPO as a chief police
officers trade union, so why are they keeping a data base on
political activists? In any case what is so wrong with being a
political activist that a data base has to be kept on them. Being a
political activist is not a crime, or is it?

The way politics is controlled by the corporate (Fascist) cloud, as
Robert Francis likes to put it, has essentially consigned democracy
and real politics to the dustbin.

Worse still, the feature goes on: '..... the Mail on Sunday has
previously reported [NPIOU], is a limited company that sells
information from the Police National Computer, among other concerns'.

I would like to know:

1. What is the legal basis for NPOIU?

2. What is the democratic basis for NPOIU?

3. Who can buy data from the Police National Computer and what range
of data is available for purchase?

4. Does the data on the Police National Computer come under the Data
Protection Act?

5. What is ACPO's status and is it a trade union?

6. Who receives the proceeds from sale of this data?

7. Doesn't the idea of a police unit being a limited company that can
sell data obtained at taxpayer expense (presumably) come under the
definition of fascism?

Any answers or comments welcome.

Dave   Davebarnby at aol.com

PS: I have been reading the book (600 plus pages): 'Inside the
Brotherhood', it's about Freemasonry. There is a chapter on the
police (and judiciary) and although the book is some 20 years old,
there is enough on police masonry for concern (I presume nothing much
has changed).

When you consider this murky (as MonS puts it) unit and Freemasonry
in the police, then the public may have serious reason to be worried,
if not terrified.

I wonder what David Cameron knows or thinks about it?