Living the Real Simple Life

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Mon Jan 31 22:42:19 GMT 2011

An excellent use of 8 minutes of your time --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W51JRTjoI1A

Their web site is at http://urbanhomestead.org/

"He's not an anarchist... What he hates is working from 9 to 5 for someone
else and being a slave to paying bills"

Sounds damn anarchic to me! Think what would happen if everyone did that.. the
state would collapse! They're an excellent example of "simplicity" though.

If you really want a good read on 'urban homesteading' then, if you can get a
copy, read "Extreme Simplicity: Homesteading in the City" by Christopher and
Dolores Nyerges. They outline how their whole lifestyle operates, and how it
ties into the urban economy.

P.

- --

.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul's book, "Energy Beyond Oil", is out now!
For details see http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ebo/

Read my 'essay' weblog, "Ecolonomics", at:
http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ecolonomics/

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey-2011.asc